1) How to convert Rows into Columns using SQL Server PIVOT OR how to use PIVOT in SQL Server: Ever wondered how you can convert data from rows to columns in SQL Server. We are talking about an SQL query, which will transform records from multiple rows into columns. Using SQL Server PIVOT, we can efficiently rotate a table’s data to show a summarized result.
2) How to find and remove Duplicate rows in a Table using SQL Server ROW_NUMBER() and CTE: Duplicate rows in tables can be very annoying for DBA’s and programmers, as it raises many uncomfortable questions about the authenticity of data in a database. The matter gets worse when company auditors complain about irregularities in the balance sheet etc.
3) SQL Server CHARINDEX Function with Examples: The primary use of an SQL Server CHARINDEX function is to find the first or starting location of an expression or characters in a given string. To make it simple, it is like searching a specified character or characters in a string.
4) Insert Multiple rows with a Single INSERT Statement using SQL Server Table Value Constructor: While managing an Inventory management System for an organization, I have came across a situation where I had to perform bulk upload on a table in SQL Server. Bulk upload requires inserting multiple rows of data in a table.
5) How to Convert Month Number in a Date to Month Name in SQL Server: Let us assume I have a Sales table with sales data for each month. Every day sales is stored in the table with columns such as date, quantity, price etc. I want to get the total sales for every month. Now since I have a column with date data type, I want to convert the month number in the date to Month Name (like February, March etc.). Find out how this is done in SQL Server.
Hope, you will find the posts contents and its examples useful. If you have any queries or suggestions regarding the posts here or anywhere on this blog please do not hesitate to contact me.
Thanks for reading.